Monday, January 19, 2009

Round and Round

Well, it was a bit cool yet yesterday (24 degrees not counting any windchill) at about 1pm, which was the time I had designated to do my easy, step back 7 miler. I figured that if it was going to be at all warm enough to run outside, the middle of the day would probably have the best chance. So asked myself was it worth it to brave the cold, or should I either run on the treadmill or go to the school and run around the indoor track?

I opted for the indoor track. My wife went with me and walked while I did my run, so even though we were doing our separate thing, it was kinda nice to be doing it "together". If that makes any sense.

The track is an 1/8 mile track, so it was to be a glorious 56 times around to get my seven miles in. I'm not sure how many times I lost count and either jumped ahead in my count or ran the same lap twice, but Nike+ ended up with a distance of 7.4 something. Which, I figure, is probably about right given its propensity for being off a bit.

The run itself was pretty non-eventful. Easy run, no problems. A bit of shin pain, but once I got a few miles in it seemed to go away. This seems a bit curious to me, but as long as it's going away, hey fine by me.

Guess that's about it for now. This week sees one of my mid-week runs go from 5 to 6 miles, and my long run next weekend is 12 miles. I figured that in 4 weeks, I'll be running farther than I've ever run before. So that should be interesting. Until then I'll just keep plugging away at it and hope things go well.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Did you get dizzy?!?! :-) Can't say as I blame you for skipping out on the 24 degree run. I'm sure I would have done the same.