Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Nice to Run Outside

It was beautiful here this evening (mid 60s), so after putting the oldest to bed, I ran outside for the first time since the Pig (even before that, it had been awhile since I've run outside). I strapped on my new Saucony's and set out for a 5 miler.

I felt really good, and started out a little too quickly, but then settled into a nice pace. The shoes felt really good, it was nice to be running in shorts and a short sleeve shirt. Just really nice.

The results: I think it's the fastest 5 miles I've ever run. According to Garmin I ran 5 miles in 47:38 (9:31/mile), and Nike+ had it clocked in at 5.15 miles in 47:40 (9:14/mile). Either way I'm WAY happy with the run, though I suspect the Garmin numbers are more accurate.

Maybe all this running IS getting me in better shape. Who knew! ;-)

No comments: