Monday, January 14, 2008

Longest Run Yet....

Well, yesterday I embarked on my longest run yet: 5 miles. There's a bit of discrepancy between what Garmin thought I ran (5 miles) and what Nike+ thought I ran(5.24), but since I know my gait can be a bit all over the place, we'll go with the 5 miles. Initially my goal was to run at about an 11 min/mile pace. Starting out I felt pretty good (after I got warmed up, that is), and it was cold outside (20 degrees). I've found that when it's cold out, I run a bit faster than normal. I think that Garmin figured I ended at a 10:47 pace or something like that, completely outpacing my competition, who I set to pace me at 11:10 per mile. I finished fully .17 miles ahead, thus securing my place in, well, mediocrity.

Seriously, though, it was a decent run.

Other than that, not a whole lot going on around here. My wife and myself are getting good use out of the treadmill, so it seems like a good investment so far.

Also, I'm set to hit the 100 mile mark on Nike+ this week. Right now I'm sitting at 92.07 miles, so it shouldn't be a problem to kick it over 100 this week. I've also discovered the motivational use of "challenges" and "goals" on Nike+. Sometimes knowing that I'm working towards a goal, or to help the USA beat Europe is the only thing that gets me up on the treadmill.

What I'm Reading Now: Persuader by Lee Child. The 6th (I think) Reacher novel. The following sentence says it all: Reacher is a badass.

What I Just Finished Reading: Star Wars Legacy of the Force : Fury by Aaron Allston. Simply a great Star Wars book.

What I'm Playing: Assassin's Creed on the Xbox 360. Yeah, it's repetitive, but the graphics are awesome, and the following sentence says it all: My character in the game is a badass.

That's it for now.

Later.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Excellent job! 20 degrees, whew, I shouldn't complain about 40 I guess. :-)