Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What An Incredible Smell You've Discovered.

Have you ever wondered what it would smell like on the inside of a minivan after raw hamburger was left inside it for a day and a half in 90 degree weather? I never wanted to know what that smelled like, and now that I HAVE smelled it, I never want to smell it again. Only problem is, EVERY time I get in the van, yup, you guessed it. I smell the smell.

We went grocery shopping on Sunday (I had been doing the shopping during the week, but now that I was (am) going to be working, shopping has once again been relegated to a weekend activity). After picking up the week's groceries, we stopped at Sam's Club to pick up hamburger. It's cheaper there, and we can buy six pounds at a time, break it up and freeze it. Since we didn't have our oldest daughter (she's 4) with us (she was at her grandparents) I put the hamburger, not with the rest of the groceries, but on the floor behind the driver's side seat. Due to some miscommunication, I thought my wife had got it, and she thought I had. It wasn't until I picked up the girls after my first day of work and opened the side door to let my daughter get in, that I noticed the offending foodstuffs on the floor. Oddly enough, I hadn't smelled it. It wasn't until this morning when I went to go to work and opened the door, that the smell knocked me back. NASTY!! Anyway, I've bought some professional strength deoderizer and am working to get the smell out. I'll let you know how that goes.

Alas, the gods frowned upon me this morning, and it was raining when I got up at 5am to go running. It's really hard to get motivated to run in the rain that early. So I went back to bed for a few minutes before getting up to feed our youngest. I'm hoping for better weather in the morning. It seems to me that this whole working thing is really interfering with my running. There must be a balance somewhere, just need to find it.

Weight loss stalled at 24 pounds, which is a bummer, cause it's only about half of where I want to be (at least).

Well, I'm off to bed to read for a few minutes before getting a few hours sleep and hoping that the weather's better tomorrow morning.

Later.

No comments: