Monday, September 24, 2007

Finish Day 1 of New Job, Check.

Well, I made it through my first day at the new job. I must say that it was a bit more intimidating than I thought it would be, and information was thrown at me like this would be the only opportunity. I hope that's not the case.

I must admit I expected to be in a much worse mood this morning given the Sunday Night walloping the Cowboys put on my beloved Bears. What a stinker! Last year, I was high on Grossman when he played well, and low on him when he played poorly. This year: SHOW ME SOMETHING!! Given the lackluster start by the offense, my high hopes at the beginning of the season are quickly sliding further away.

I am looking forward to 2 of my favorite shows that premier tonight: How I Met Your Mother, and Heroes. Ahhh, the wonders of Tivo. If not for the miracle of Tivo, I would be unable to waste hours upon hours of time watching too many shows. See my Tivo schedule is something like this this season:

Monday: How I Met Your Mother, 24 (when it starts), Heroes.
Tuesday: The Unit, Kitchen Nightmares.
Wednesday: Kid Nation, Bionic Woman (we'll see about this after the premier), Lost.
Thursday: Survivor, CSI (the original, not the imitators)

I THINK that's all, but I won't guarantee it. I know I left out Jericho when it comes back.

Anyway, that's it for now. Tomorrow is the real test: Getting up at 5am to get in a run (1.7, then 1.9 on Thursday)before work, then day 2 of work. Pray for me now.

Oh, BTW, Sis...I owe you a big knock on the melon. I've actually toyed with running a 1/2 marathon sometime late next year. What the hell have you done to me????

That's it for now folks.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Ooooohhhhh, no! You can't go blaming this one on me! I don't enjoy running, I just enjoy eating and need to do *something*. Too bad I don't live closer, maybe then you could teach me how to run faster. ;-) Proud of you bro, keep up the good work. If you want to do a 1/2 I know you'll kick ass. :-)